About Me

My photo
www.lisagoe.com Too many miraculous, strange, hilarious things happen to me...so its about time you all experience it with me through the ups and down of lisagoe.com

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Heavenly

I found it! thank God! Something I wrote a while ago after a failed attempt of a relationship.



Love: The Heavenly

the black woman inside of her
groaned with unsatisfying pleasure:

I need a man!!
Oh I need a man..
I need a man,
whos gonna sit down and talk about his day as I nod and agree (or quietly disagree)

I need a man who you can know his strength,
just by the timbre in his voice,

I need a man that with each step can make a blind man see
I need a man who's gonna enhance the quality of character that the good Lord has blessed me with

I need a man who can pick up my smile and not just my tab.

I need a man, whos going to commit.
to commit not first to me,
but to the Almighty

I need a man who recognizes
if our relationship is going to
*grow,
*flourish,
*communicate constructively,
he must first put his priorities on the kingdom of God
rather than his pocket money.

I need a man whos gonna make me feel like a woman,
and not a stereotype.

I need a man whos gonna sit himself high above reproach, but not so high his brain turns into macarone on a hot summers day ; lettin his pride get the best of him.

I need a man whos gonna sing me a lullabye when the nights dont seem bearable or worth pushing through

and I need a man,
a man whos gonna stand up for what he believes,
and whos gonna better the relationship of others through honesty...
and not honest manipulation.

cuz I dont need no little boy round my yard.
I dont need someone to pick up magnolias and bring in festerin weeds.
I dont need an addiction
or repetitive motion
of a routine kiss.

I need a man whose gonna make me want to pick out my afro, put on my high heel shoes, put on my fancy coat, and go to the disco without a drop a wine.

I need a man not lookin for external perfection, but in perfect time.

and Momma told me: you need a man honey,
God knows sweet child, you need a man.
And for now, you concentrate on that relationship with the Almighty. cuz God said:

Man, you need a woman,
because you can not do this alone
Man, you need a challenge
cuz life without it could get you into trouble
Man, you need a woman
to soften edges of a hard edged wound
Man, you need a woman
to show you strength in a tender way
Man, you need a woman
to understand a relationship with me
Man, you cant have no woman
till you have a relationship with me.
Man, you risk your relationship with me
when you risk it on the world.
So , man, put your faith in me
and Ill give you what you need.

and so said the black woman inside of her....and I agreed.

-The Heavenly

2 comments:

Matthew Halbe said...

You really have an inner black woman...? Thats neat? Is this what black women think?

Lisa Goe said...

hahhaha. yes..well .no..well maybe ...so yes. I wrote it with deep passion and conviction, and while in Chicago i attended a pretty much all black church. so I wrote it as if one of my mentor momma's would tell me;) but yeah. its mostly what i think. but its a gift from above;)