About Me

My photo
www.lisagoe.com Too many miraculous, strange, hilarious things happen to me...so its about time you all experience it with me through the ups and down of lisagoe.com

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Jury Duty



Oh i really should be posting more pictures i know, but in all seriousness...are not words enough! okay..well in time, anywho.

The other day i had to attend Jury Duty, and i thought a few things
1) why am i here!
2) this would make a great music video (although already done..but why not another)
3) i am freaking out! and i'm not even the one being convicted!

they went through a series of questions, of which i answered, fiddling with my paper and staring at the projector of questions, and it occurred to me. this is my civil duty. i should just let freedom ring and voice my opinion...or not my opinion, but my duty as a citizen of the USA....and then i stepped down from my pedestal, remembering the intensity of my financial disposition...

so i kindly told the judge i would not be able to judge this person fairly. As i walked out of the court room, i realized what i had done. i had let down my civil duty..or had I. its all really quite confusing. They say if financial hardship is an issue, your off the case, and so was mine, but then to continue with the questions and blah blah blah, and then finally ask my frame of mind! ouch! that was i think more difficult.

well, its done, and i"ll have to wait for another summons, where by i may not get out..and oh well. I suppose it is for the better.

2 comments:

bdrthdgsh said...

Maybe its a good thing you didn't support our corrupt judicial system. Or maybe its treason...

Mk said...

that's kind of funny because when I lived in SB I was summond too while I was at Brooks. IN the end I didn't have to do it for no apparent reason really. Also they said they wouldn't be puting my name back into the "pot". Funny.