About Me

My photo
www.lisagoe.com Too many miraculous, strange, hilarious things happen to me...so its about time you all experience it with me through the ups and down of lisagoe.com

Monday, February 11, 2008

Chapter One

i’m unexplainably uneasy right now. its not like i haven’t been at my grandparents before, but i’m realizing i’m not just here on vacation. On account of my lack of funds, I’m here to be a roommate, as well as a very well behaved grand daughter. I already am a well behaved grand daughter, but its different. i don’t want to step on their toes, or make them feel uncomfortable, but as I look around this room, this room that has held so many memories, i can’t help but wonder what exactly am I doing.

I feel like i am pretending. This isn’t real. I didn’t just give my 30 day notice, i don’t have three brown boxes and a mountain of furniture to organize, arrange and be comfortable. I don’t have internet whenever i need and want it. I didn’t just accept a loan i can’t afford...which i am praying to God i can call and say “jk! i don’t want that!”

I’m swallowing my pride right now, and wondering if this was all a mistake. Why am i so fearful. what am i scared of. what is going to happen, perhaps...STOP! These thoughts must be lies. They must. I can say this, with the belief that i have on several accounts, received confirmation of my arrival here. although not a perfect situation, there is and must be a reason.

how fitting for me to arrive tonight, the night of the 50th annual Grammy Awards. The stars, young and old, literally moments away from me, as i sat in a couch with my grandpa and grandma. Would that someday be me? could that be me? What song would that be? And am I going to be an inspirational person, so much as to move minds and ideas into positive and righteous movements? And what a heavy responsibility.

What have i gotten myself into?

No comments: