About Me

My photo
www.lisagoe.com Too many miraculous, strange, hilarious things happen to me...so its about time you all experience it with me through the ups and down of lisagoe.com

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another airport and its all the same thing

FiRST! I do have some pics from St. patty's day with the most fantastic story. so that is coming. SECOND. this one is long and may be exhausting..so if you don't read it i understand.

I’m in the airport once again. there’s definitely something appealing about writing in an airport. Or maybe its more the fact i get a moment to sit and write how i want, rather than how much time I have in my pocket at the moment.
A few things i noted as i walked around..and i dearly wish i had scratched them down on paper because i already know i’ve forgotten a few

*time: complaining: frustration
* the price for good food
*kind people in the airport. first time i’ve run into kind people in la
*Destination unknown.

I don’t know why i get myself so frustrated over petty things. Only petty beccause the satisfaction of complaining dies quickly once I adjust. Today its money. However, when really is it not money. I have an oodle and a half of financial woes, yet i’m flying to Tennessee and then a break in maui, followed by who knows what. I couldn’t be doing that bad right? I know I am a traveler at heart, and for a while now it has certainly been repressed, so funds..meh..its losing the funds for stupid things is the matter.

This morning, I woke up, disgruntled i had spent the prior evening collecting as many tax write offs as possible. I downloaded umpteenth sheets of papers to file, and in the end, 5 hours later, was still at square one. I had previously finished my taxes, however my previous employer decided to give me a 1099 suggesting I was an independent contractor..i don’t even have a license.

Being that there are only 3 weeks till tax day and i had not received any papers, i didn’t file it. My first mistake..or was it. anyhow. I did not complete my taxes and then had to pack. Now this all wouldn’t be so bad except i had planned to see Rachael Yamagata, an artist i have high esteem for and has in the past written great encouragement that has helped encourage me on this crazy path of musician life.

As my friend Nathan would say, you wouldnt put a baby in the freezer..or some nonsense like that, meaning, don’t regret what you can’t unfix..how that has to do with a baby in the freezer i don’t know.. perhaps i’m misquoting him, but in any case, point taken. I need to keep moving forward and not look at what I didn’t do...but of course i won’t. i’m too filled with Drama to do that!

I continued the morning disgruntled, puffy eyed from spasmatic anxiety attack, fixed myself a bowl of cereal, and headed out to the airport. My grandmother was kind of enough to give me some cash, which i always feel bad about taking. i should be giving her money, not her giving me money. I took it still with gratitude and proceeded down the long line of uncertainty.

I checked in and was stopped by a kind stewardist who would not stop complimenting my carry on bag. I must say its pretty chic. Its fluorescent green. How could you NOT want this bag. She was so kind, asked where i was flying, and was disappointed we would not be on the same flight (shew as going to NY) A smile stretched between my cheeks, and i realized that was the first nice person i spoke with in la in a LONG time. sad sad sad.

As i walked the corridor to find Gate 44 v I decided to get some food. I compared prices and went up and down a few times, comparing prices, food items, and so on. I settled with a deli that was wicked expensive, but the food was good, nutritious, and for having not much on it (roasted vegetables and ciabatta..not even cheese!) it was really good.....that or i wanted it to be good for paying so much for it. Its truly amazing how much Airports are making off of people from food!

I looked around a while for my gate and couldn’t for the life of me find it. 42,43, 45, 46...what?! where’s 44?! back and forth back and forth. I was bewildered. i looked for someone to ask but everyone was going every which way. I found it, down the stairs, around the corner, hop on a shuttle, and tuhdah! you’ve arrived! I got there in plenty of time..however..i needed gum. man. i’m sitting in the plane now, thinking....crap. these people i’m between must think i smell bad. but what are you going to do.
For now, i feel a little ill prepared. i won’t lie. I didn’t check to see if i had any other connections in Nashville. I don’t even know why i’m going. to go for an experience of some possible bigger gig. what am I doing. I want to say i’m being faithful, but the truth is, am i being ignorant.. okay gross. these people in front of me need to get their hands off each other before i vom all over them. save it for the bathroom or something..anywho.

When we first arrived on the plane, we heard there would be a bit of a delay. And this is what i heard “oh c’mon! we’re leaving at what time? thats ridiculous, I HAVE to be back by Saturday. we need to take off now! uff gruff blah” I’m not saying i’ve never had these words come out of my mouth before (because i most certainly have) but it made me realize how important everyone thinks their time is. have we lost the true value of relaxation? I understand not everyone gets on a plane to go on vacation or to be somewhere exciting, but where are the days you just push off and not worry about not being somewhere at this or that time..okay now the couple is kind of cute.


C’est la vie. I hope i’m not making a mistake..i dont think i am. i really dont even know why i’m on this plane.. but i’m thankful. i needed to get out of la. i’ll save that for next time.

1 comment:

Matthew Halbe said...

Airports are crazy really. So many people. So many different narratives going on at the same time. Its alot to take it.

I'm glad to take your narrative. Good Luck in nashville. Good luck in finding delicious food: sshnosberries or whatever you call them. :) Good Luck in Music. Good Luck in the next adventure, daily, weekly, etc.