About Me

My photo
www.lisagoe.com Too many miraculous, strange, hilarious things happen to me...so its about time you all experience it with me through the ups and down of lisagoe.com

Thursday, January 20, 2011

My story: New Years Resolution

I’ve always wondered what a television show or movie would be like, about me. Its not uncommon for me to get caught up in conversation, and then realise the only one conversing is myself. And it is often said afterwards, “Lisa, you are such an interesting person.” Whether or not I’m supposed to take this as a compliment, I do, and it wasn’t until this recent New Years, I made some pretty major decisions, all based off of one idea. Have Less, Do More.

How am I supposed to have less and do more? Well, for one I’ve stopped drinking...as much. I’ve also decided to have less friends, and less....intimate friends as well. And because of these less indulgent activities, I’ve been able to indulge myself in a lot more for me. At first I felt a bit selfish, when really...its the best selfish thing i could do for myself.

As a creative person, I tend to be unfocused. I start projects, and rarely finish them. I jump between music, both writing and singing, to creative writing, to managing, to fashion. I had a “bitch sesh” as we like to call them with my friend Joel. “Lisa, you need to focus. Write a list of writers you’d like to write with and do it!” I completely agree with Joel, but the distraction to write other than songs, is too fun..or maybe I’m just jumping onto another distraction again.

Here I go again... Jumping around topics, and ideas. All of this to say is...I’m going to tell a story. Parts of my story. A “live” book. I hope you come a long and I hope to keep you on your toes, as my toes once were on their tips.

No comments: